4th of July in Old Town Manassas

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Prophecy & Floods...

I wish I would of continued writing all summer but I was a bad girl and didn't.  I guess you could use the word UNMOTIVATED.  Yep that was me.  I mean not that GOD didn't do great, BIG, HUGE things, I mean in all actually he really did.  I stopped writing here and started writing in a journal.  Just thoughts and musings between the Lord and I.  But that's not why you stopped by here today...no no no...and the title doesn't even go into that stuff.

A couple of weeks ago some pretty big stuff happened around NOVA.  We had earthquakes, hurricane Irene (just rain I know but fun to say a "hurricane" was here) and then the flooding this last week.  What I didn't expect is what my daughter would say and the gift we would be given.  After the earthquakes that next Wednesday we spent time in prayer as a family, as we always do.  We have been praying for a baby for over a year, with our children and at different times God has given us EACH different things, words, dreams, encouragement to hold onto.  Well we were praying and praying for baby skelton and then afterwards Madison said to me, "Mom, God spoke to me."  It was simple.  Why should we question this, I mean she has never heard us as adults speak this way and the times I have spoke this way to my spouse my children have been in bed.  But I was slightly afraid of what she may say but then she quickly said, "Mom, God said it will be soon."  My heart went in a million different directions.  For one I was LATE from my period HOWEVER I was also late in JULY by SEVEN painstaking days.  Besides I never had a cycle you could set a clock too.  So we praised God and told Maddy we will see. 

We went to a home school party and I brought the most amazing cupcakes.  I mean I had waited 2 months to find something to make them for because I knew I wouldn't want them just hanging in my house lest I eat each and every single one of them.  They were Dark Chocolate cupcakes filled with Peanut Butter Cream Frosting and top with Peanut Butter Frosting and homemade Dark Chocolate sauce.  While everyone loved them there, I could not bring myself to eat one!  I even sent leftovers home with others and ended up throwing 3 away...(who does that).  My husband, when we got in the car lovingly looked over at me and said, I love you and don't take this the wrong way Laura, but when have YOU ever turned down a cupcake...I said, I know, right?...and then went into the, well what does that mean....but I knew what he meant, I just couldn't think to much about it.  

I kept going back and forth in prayer.  God help me to release these thoughts to you, I will just trust you. Then no wait God, I want to think on these things.  I want to be excited, I want to be filled with that joy and proclaim from the roof tops how you restored what we meant for the end.  Then the no I don't want to be let down...all the while God just sat with me...listened, while I prayed on like a crazy lady...wow maybe hormones come on fast the third time, maybe?

I have never been able to take a pregnancy test before 6 weeks and get a yes.  Funny with Maddy I got six NO's and Matthew was 5 NO's (I wised up and bought one less test ;-)).  So at this point I would only be 4.5 weeks and there was no way I would be able to show positive.  But I was starting to feel funny.  My coffee wasn't sitting right, all I wanted to drink was root beer and eat oreo's.  I mean who does that, normally...I HATE root beer.  I let a half week go by.  At this point we were heading into vacation and I was going nuts, I mean do I pack the tampons and wait for the hell of a period that is headed my way, OR do I just trust God and HOPE I am.  I mean it's what were hoping for.  Well I went with a 3rd option.  After going back and forth for days I decided to take a test to see. 

Pat however, was nervous.  He's like if your not, your going to be upset and then this might ruin vacation.  I just needed to know, I mean I was super tired, my runs weren't sucking but they weren't fantastic, and most of all what's with the rootbeer...if I am that poor child's placenta will be all carbonated! 

Well I took the test....and it was a....YES!!!!   

After all this time and waiting we are finally pregnant with the newest Skelton addition.  I know it hasn't been that long, Pat's surgery was in June.  However I have longed to have another child for over 3 years now.  This was such an answer to prayer.  God has been good to us.  I can already see God's mighty hand in this, in just the simple fact that I took a test that early and showed...wow...THANK YOU GOD!  I can't imagine having gone on vacation and spent evenings eating pickles while my friends and hubby ate ice cream.  Not to mention the absolute HATE I have for all things sweet or chocolatey (I mean really, who has a chocolate or sweets aversion, does God not know I need sour patch kids, skittles, or brownies to SURVIVE).   Wait I am sure he does and there is probably good reason I have that aversion....may play in my favor. 

I am now in prayer and ask that you join me.  My past 2 children I have spent ALL 10 months puking my brains out, even being hospitalized and put on IV fluids for days at a time.  Not to mention being on 3 different nausea medicines while that all went on.  I am trusting the Lord that this pregnancy will be different.  This will be pleasant and although I am not hoping for perfect, just don't want to hug porcelain throne for 10 months.  I mean its all so surreal still, I am in shock.  I am 6 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child it almost unimaginable...................then the constipation kicks in and it becomes all to REAL, while my boobs hurt, my sniffer is on overdrive and my word living life without coffee is almost next to impossible...BUT


All I CAN SAY IS GOD IS GOOD.  His timing is always perfect and I do believe it has been the journey of our hearts and the growth that has happened there that God was looking forward to the most.    The rest is all cake...or baby!  :-)

Looking forward to one wild journey with God this next year....

No comments:

Post a Comment